Tuesday, March 17, 2009

here I go again..

Email from boss –
---------
You're cranking to Cairo next week (sorry about the short notice) can you sort out a visa today pls.
---------

This has become a part of my life – short notice trips to not-so-exciting places. But it has become not-so-exciting only after I went there last year and did the usual touristy stuff etc.. :-P Why cant it be like “you are cranking to NZ for a week.. or may be California or Maldives..” but NO it has to be some sorry, sad, war torn place. I guess oil is found in the nastiest of places – either in the burning deserts of Middle East or the jungles of Brazil or in freezing oil sands of Canada or in chilly Norway..

Anyway this time I am looking forward to the trip – hoping to get out of Cairo and go to the mountains if I am there for the weekend or may be I can take a few days off and explore the countryside.. hmm now where did I leave my lonely planet..

2 comments:

The Ketchup Girl said...

oh, but desserts are beautiful, no? NO??

Discovering M said...

they are beautiful! but i grew up in the middle east and have been seeing the desert all my life. so given a chance for a break I would run to the mountains where its all green, cold, full of fresh air.. etc.