Thursday, July 22, 2010

back again ..


This is probably the longest period that I haven't blogged for since I started blogging an year or so ago. I guess marriage, Australia and settling down kept me quite busy. I have got in to a rhythm now and so I am trying to find some time start blogging regularly again - and to actually read the blogs of a few other fellow bloggers I had started to follow a while back..

I have heard that marriage changes people quite a lot and now experiencing it live. I guess it changes women more than the men and its true in my case as well. J has turned from a junk food loving, shopaholic, FB addict, carefree university student into a completely new person. Now we hardly eat from out as we (she) cooks at home on a daily basis, spends less on clothes and her FB status gets changed once a month as opposed to hourly updates. When we browse around at shopping malls, more than DKNY and CK she gets attracted to Robin's Kitchen and the crockery sections at Target. How things change.. that too in a few months.

I like to think that I have changed myself as well.. but have to admit not as much as her. I try and help clean up the house, help in cooking, watch romantic movies with her *sigh*, and gave up on alcohol ( if red wine at social dinners does not count ;). I come home early, do not bring work home at all.. little things that help us be happy, I try to do. Oh Wait I got one more.. I returned Band of Brothers back to my colleague without watching it because J hates bloody war scenes ( okay now I am struggling to find ways in which I have changed :p ).

Anyway the only conflict we have is my two nights of playing soccer with the boys every week.. Although she seems pretty cool about it, I am sure she would rather I spend the time with her :-P which explains the sudden headaches or back pain she picks up on Friday afternoons :-P. Whenever we get together with friends for dinner or gatherings, the wifes are all conspiring to keep the boys at home on soccer nights and share ideas on how toe accomplish the mission. They discuss drastic measures like plan to go on a shopping spree as long as we play soccer, or no home made food and a few other things.. etc etc ..and the thoughts are getting more evil week by week.

But on the other hand we do spned a lot of time together and also made a few sightseeing tours to Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Sydney and Wollongong.. I love Australia. Also got ourselves a new car - "golfie" as she likes to call it. So we spend a lot of time driving around .. Here are some pics from the places we visited.



Wollongong



Sydney



Harbor Bridge



Golfie :)

From J's Kitchen


:)

6 comments:

The Ketchup Girl said...

Vivid Sydney! you were here during the festival and didn't as much as leave a comment! would have loved to meet up, regardless of your attempts to remain anonymous :p . So nice to see the changes. which camera do you use man? Awwwwesome pictures. Totally droolworthy. Wishing you only happiness and fun times with J!

The Ketchup Girl said...

oh and the template is also pretty cool :)

Discovering M said...

:)))) so glad to see your comments ..

there is a bit of thrill in anonymity :-P .. so hence. You should come down for the Brisbane festival in September so then.. !!

Yes we were there for Vivid Sydney - actually drove there - all 1000 kms and back. Pretty tiring.

Pics are mostly all taken by J with her D90. I am allowed to post them right? I left my point and shoot in Dubai for folks.

Thanks for the wishes..

Yea cool template ? :)) I think so too..

Journomuse said...

Hey neat..stumbled on a fellow Mallu's blog, did I now? :) Thanks for dropping by, gave me a chance to get here..and I should be dipping in more often..:)

eyememyself said...

Oh stunning pictures I say!

Discovering M said...

Welcome J !! drop in whenever you feel like.. but I dont blog as often as I would like to..

thanks eyememyself!