Wednesday, August 19, 2009

weekend at nasik :)

It was a refreshing weekend at the Sula vineyard in Nasik. A villa by the lake with a hill on the other side, loads of rain, wine, weed joints, amazing food and a cool bunch of friends to share it all with.



I had never heard of the Sula Valley or the Sula Wines till a friend fo mine sent me a link to thier website asking me if I was interested in joining them for an extended weekend in Nasik. www.sulawines.com .I am always up for a new place whether its home or abroad. So I packed my bags..


Stay at "beyond" was ultraa comfortable. We were literally spoilt for the full four days we were there. There was an inhouse cook who made the most amazing vegetarian dishes I have ever had. I am a "a meal without meat? .. whats that like ?" type of person. But pandit-ji as he liked to be called and his group of helpers took care of the meals for four days and it opened up a whole new world of fine vegetarian dining. The food was so yum. In the middle east the vegetarian choices are so limited and bland that it is almost impossible to just survive on just veggies.



There was also a private infinity pool which overlooked the vineyard - this is where we spent majority of our time chilling after getting stoned with weed and wine :) And one one of the days we went for a tour of the factory whcih included a wine tasting session - 10 different types which was enough to get me on a high :-P


After the trip I spent a few days in our Mumbai offices before i returned to Dubai. And since I had to work I managed to get my firm to reimburse my airfare to Mumbai.. cheeky wasnt it ?And it being only a four hrs drive from Mumbai I might even think of revisitng that place..


* most of the pictures were taken by a friend who is a total photography freak*

10 comments:

Casuarina said...

Quite evident that you had a whale of a time...I must say the place looks awfully inviting (er, I'm not talking abt the weed and wine myself though)...but tell me, what's an infinity pool ? I've no idea !

Oh, and I'm glad you're back...was wondering wht you were upto...now I know :-)

Discovering M said...

hey Cas !! great to know that you still visit my blog.. :) I havent written in a while mostly due to hectic work and stuff.. I am going to India again next week this time mostly to visit relatives etc.. havent done that in two years :P

yea it was an awesome trip ! hmm infinity pool as I know has a view that makes the pool look like it extends to the horizon.. and it has water flowing off one of the edges that looks out to the open sky.. google for infinity pool images.. :)


cheers !

The Ketchup Girl said...

sula was the only 'premium' wine varieties u got in Blr for the longest time. I lovvvvve Sula. but never had the opportunity to visit nasik- thoguh have heard about it from friends who spent their new year's eve there. looks lovely. your friend is a fantastic photographer.:)

Unknown said...

To say that I'm envious is a gross understatement. I've been wanting to visit this part of Nashik forever...and hey btw the "about me" on ur blog profile is the best I've seen in the longest time, very well put :)

Discovering M said...

KG - my friend is going be on cloud nine after I tell him :-P

Upasna - thanks ! :))) what are you waiting for ?? pack your bags :) btw nice horns :-P

The Ketchup Girl said...

Dude I want want want yourvote. Hope you registered? I'm 8 votes behind the winning one. Don't forget please and ask your blogger friends to vote fir me too :d :d. I know Im behavin like that class 5 kid who badly wants to win the running race. :d thanks in advance .

Discovering M said...

KG - I registered and tried voting.. but it bumped me out saying that I need to have an active blog on my profile which I tried adding - but is pending approval :(

Casuarina said...

Heheheh...old habits die hard, you know ! ;-)

Thanks for the pool explanation,sounds quite intriguing, am off to google some images pronto ! :-)

As for your trip to India, have tons of fun and do remember to do a lot of blogworthy things, won't you ? ;-)

eyememyself said...

Looks like one heck of a place! The pic of wine glasses is a great shot!

Discovering M said...

:)